Monday 4 December 2017

Review - Christmas at Butterfly Cove by Sarah Bennett

Earlier on this year I had the absolute pleasure of reading Wedding Bells at Butterfly Cove by Sarah Bennett and absolutely loved it. Having enjoyed it so much, I couldn’t wait to get the started on Christmas at Butterfly Cove, the third book in the Butterfly Cove series. As I’d hoped it would be, Christmas at Butterfly Cove was a delightful festive treat and one that I thoroughly enjoyed reading from beginning to end.

Throughout Christmas at Butterfly Cove,  Sarah's beautiful writing style that I grew to love so very much during the previous book in the series really shone through. There were moments that made me howl with laughter, and others that were so sensitively written that I couldn't help but find myself with a tear in my eye. With some familiar faces appearing throughout the book and reference being paid to things that had happened earlier on in the series, I felt totally at ease reading Christmas at Butterfly Cove. It really did feel like I was returning home after a long time away to catch up with some long lost friends. As such although I feel it would be possible to read Christmas at Butterfly Cove as a standalone novel, I highly recommend reading the previous books in the series first. 

Christmas at Butterfly Cove is like one wonderful Christmas present in the form of a novel and I feel that it is a truly incredible ending to what has been a fabulous series of books. Despite missing the first book in the series, I have thoroughly enjoyed every thing about it and know that I will miss Butterfly Cove and its residents so very much. That said I am truly delighted to have had the opportunity to discover Sarah as an author and I'm thoroughly looking forward to reading whatever she may write next.